We, GIGAGIGS SDN BHD (Reg No: 1186203-X) the operator of the mobile application GigaGigs (GigaGigs), view your personal data privacy seriously. This notice is issued to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and its relevant Regulations and Standards (collectively, the “PDPA 2010”). We are committed to protecting all Personal Data (as described in the paragraph below) kept by us and provided by you and our members in the course of using GigaGigs in accordance with the PDPA 2010. We shall not use or disclose your Personal Data except as specified under this Notice.
In this Notice, “Personal Data” means any personal information relating to you that is made available to us via GigaGigs due to your registration with and usage of GigaGigs, and this includes and shall not be limited to such your name, age, gender, Identity Card No., date of birth, education, race, nationality, citizenship, contact details (address, email, phone numbers), family information (marital status), information about your transactions with GigaGigs such as bank account number, account balances, and account activity. In addition, GigaGigs from time to time requests for certain other personal information that may be relevant for GigaGigs, such as but not limited to opinions and other personal identifiable information that would be considered as “personal data” or “sensitive personal data” under the PDPA 2010.
In addition to Personal Data collected, we may also collect other non-personal identifiable information as part of your registration and usage of GigaGigs including:
- information as to your actual location which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding your location of your mobile device.
- information obtained through cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that identify your browser or device) which you may remove but some features of GigaGigs may be affected or not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- information from logging in to GigaGigs such as email addresses, details of how you used GigaGigs, which tasks you choose, search queries, telephony log information like your phone number, time and date of log-ins.
If you contact us by email, we may retain its contents and our reply to you.
- GigaGigs will only use, process, record, hold, store, share and disclose (collectively “process”) Personal Data with your consent, which you would have given on agreeing to our terms and condition of services.
- Continuance of Gigagigs usage shall amount to your continuing consent for the processing of your Personal Data by Gigagigs.
- If you are under 18, you should ensure that you obtain the consent of your parents or legal guardian before using GigaGigs or our services.
- Your Personal Data would also be used to send you information, promotions and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our services and those of organizations selected by us. However, you may choose to discontinue receiving such marketing and advertising materials by opting-out (see below Information Access).
Purpose of Collecting Personal Data
We collect and process your personal data for the purpose of:
- Registering your GigaGigs membership.
- The accuracy of your personal data will also enable us to inform and provide tasks that are suited specifically for you.
- Your banking information and or other information of services that you use are collected in order to process any rewards that are due to you by GigaGigs.
- To perform statistical research or data study.
- For the promotion of products and services of our affliates, associates or partners, and other related purposes.
- To inform you about our upcoming tasks, changes or improvements.
Accordingly we will not use or disclose your Personal Data without your prior written consent, except for the purposes as described below:
- To companies and organizations for the result delivery of our contracted obligation, or for purposes of recovering any amount due to GigaGigs, in the manner of aggregated and non-identifiable information.
- To companies and organizations that act as our payment channels.
- To other service providers or third parties nominated by GigaGigs, for purposes of establishing and maintaining a common database of members or processing data as an outsourced entity.
- To protect GigaGigs’ vital interests.
- for legal reasons to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request and for enforcement of our terms of services or generally to protect our members’ rights, property or safety as required or permitted by law.
- To promote any of GigaGigs’ services; or products, services and special offers of third parties whose products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- For the exercise of any functions conferred on any person by or under any law.
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings, users, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
Any members who have provided his/her Personal Data prior to this Notice, may contact Gigagigs using the contact details set out below to know what types of Personal Data have been processed and the purpose for the processing.
You may request that your Personal Data be amended for purposes of accuracy and completeness. If you would like to delete your Personal Data from our system, please contact us according to the information provided below. However, we may request that you verify your identity prior to any amendment or deletion. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request but we may retain a copy of your records as required by law or for other legitimate business purposes.
You will be given the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your Personal Data used for purposes not directly related to the Services or Gigagigs’ Websites at the point where Gigagigs asks for information. If you do not wish to receive our promotional updates you may opt-out of receiving these communications by contacting Gigagigs at the contact numbers listed below. But please note that should you decide to “opt-out”, we may not be able to provide you with certain Services and your subscription to or application for certain Services may be declined, denied or refused by GigaGigs.
GigaGigs will take prudent steps to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all Personal Data, including appropriate procedural, organizational and technical steps to protect personal data from accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or disclosure.
In executing our responsibilities with respect to the confidentiality of Personal Data, a number of safeguards will be employed, appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, to protect Personal Data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Such safeguards will include physical measures, organizational measures and technological measures, such as locked filing cabinets, restricted access to offices, security clearances and limiting access on a “need to know” basis and use of passwords and encryption. Procedures for implementing these measures will be communicated to all GigaGigs employees and third parties to ensure compliance with this principle.
Data Integrity Principle
Gigagigs strives to maintain complete, current, and accurate information about its members. Any inaccurate information that is brought to Gigagigs’ attention will be corrected as quickly as possible after notification. Procedures will be maintained to ensure that any reported inaccuracies are promptly and effectively handled and that members’ information remains as accurate, current and complete as possible.
As such, you are obliged to provide your personal data to Gigagigs. Failure to provide complete and correct information to Gigagigs as required, may result in your application for services being rejected.
When a member visits www.gigagigs.com, the web servers generally record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists us to improve the structure of our website and monitor its performance. From time to time we may also use third parties to analyse this anonymous information.
Changes in Policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this Notice from time to time and any changes when posted on through our dedicated website shall be effective [www.GIGAGIGS.com]. Accordingly, you should review this page periodically.
Continuous Usage Of GigaGigs Application
Your continued usage of the GigaGigs application or otherwise is deemed continual consent on your part for Gigagigs to collect process and store the data in accordance with this Notice.
Gigagigs is committed to protecting the Personal Data of all members. Please note that by agreeing to our Terms and Conditions of Service, you are also consenting to our processing of your Personal Data in accordance to this Notice.
If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
Phone: 03-5612 3899 between 9.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday